Tuesday 20 October 2009

Sudbury Star -1

Denis St. Pierre signed off as a Sudbury Star political reporter yesterday in a published farewell to his hometown audience.

St. Pierre says he is leaving "the world's best job" after almost 25 years at the Star to join his wife and children in Toronto.

"So, the fact I'm leaving The Star is by no means an indication that I've lost my enthusiasm and appreciation for the job, or my affection for and ties to this wonderful city in which I was born and raised," he writes.

"At the risk of making this column more syrupy or banal than it's already become, it's a matter of following your heart and seizing golden opportunities when they arise."

That opportunity was a job in Toronto as a communications officer with the Canadian office of the United Steelworkers.

Star colleagues bid him farewell at a gathering last night.

"Sudbury will miss him," says a TSF reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment