Thursday 20 December 2007

Sifton's Xmas

Sun Media chief Michael Sifton's Christmas message to the troops:

Dear Sun Media Team,

This is the time of year when we enjoy family and friends and, as a Sun Media family, it is a time to reflect on the year past and look to the year ahead in the many communities we serve across the country.

For the past year, my thanks to you and the entire Sun Media team for your loyalty, hard work and helpful contributions. Thanks also for your commitment as the company made some significant changes to position us for the future. The experience and dedication from the many employees I have met is outstanding.

As for the future, we live in changing times. In the three months that I have had the pleasure of being part of the Sun Media team, I have been impressed with how everyone pulls together to adapt to evolving circumstances. That ability to adjust augurs well for our success in the years ahead.

We’ve begun reinvesting in editorial staff to create our core product. We’ve made good progress in implementing some of the other solid initiatives that were already underway, such as the Kanata Service Centre to support Reader Sales and Services and some Classified operations.

My New Year’s vision for Sun Media focuses on the fact that we play an important role in helping to connect and build better communities. Given your commitments to serve readers, business partners and the public, I am confident that we can promote and refine leadership that will make increasingly better use of all your skills and talents.

I have truly enjoyed meeting with members of the team during my visits so far to Sun Media offices.

In the months ahead, I plan to travel to as many more locations as possible to discuss our future directions. I want us to develop a business culture that will be defined by core values that include honesty, integrity, empowerment, collaborative efforts, respect and a positive spirit (a.k.a. fun).

I want to strengthen the Sun Media brand and ensure that we are using our talents to innovate and work together so that we succeed along with our communities across the country.

Most of all I want to wish you a very pleasant holiday season, especially to those of you who will be working over the holidays to serve our readers in various ways.

Enjoy family and friends and please accept my very best wishes for the New Year."

Sun sources tell TSF Sifton's message was positive and encouraging.

How approachable is Sifton? His Christmas message includes his e-mail address.

No comments:

Post a Comment